Snow Cap Galaxy is a Hungry Luma Galaxy and level from Super Mario Galaxy. This galaxy can only be unlocked by feeding a Hungry Luma 1600 Star Bits who is right next to the Garden, and is the sixth and final Hungry Luma Galaxy. This mission is infamous for its high difficulty.
Snow Cap Galaxy is a level that contains one mission, which is "Star Bunnies in the Snow". In this level, Mario has to find three Star Bunnies under 150 seconds in a cylinder-shaped planet.
Why It Sucks
- In order to even unlock this level, you have to feed the Hungry Luma over 1600 Star Bits, which is far more than the previous Luma ask for. Granted, that's not an issue as you do know that you need to feed the star bits to Hungry Lumas, but even then it's a bit too much.
- The main objective is to find all three Star Bunnies in this level, much like the first level. However you have to do that on a time limit.
- Although you have 150 seconds to catch the bunnies, it is still hard to find and catch the Star Bunnies.
- You need to find all blue switches to open up a Fire Flower. This is easier said then done as the area (as its name applies) is covered in snow, and although you can use the cursor to reveal it, there is a lot to clear away, and it is not instant.
- The snow is annoying, as it has a significant slowing effect, wasting some of your time.
- Finding the Star Bunnies is a pain, but chasing them down is even more annoying and painful, due to how the snow can slow you down drastically.
- Adding insult to injury, the Star Bunnies don't have that issue.
- The Star Bunnies can mess you up while running, as they can turn very quickly and unpredictably.
- The planet itself is a pain to navigate, despite being cylinder-shaped.
- The worst part is, if you don't find all three Star Bunnies in 150 seconds, not only will the Star Bunnies mock you, but you also lose a life. Why would Mario/Luigi lose a life after being mocked, is beyond anyone's guess.
- Playing as Luigi makes this level even worst, due to his traction and friction, so good luck trying to find the Star Bunnies with his slippery controls.
- Catchy music.
- While it is a pain to navigate, the level design is pretty creative.
- This mission is optional, so you can skip it if you want.
- The Star Bunnies are hidden through the area in the stage.
- One Star Bunnie is hidden in a Snowman that can only be uncovered by a Fire Flower.
- One Star Bunnie is hidden in a chest that can only be opened by a Koopa Shell that is hidden in one of the Snowmans, which can only be uncovered by a Fire Flower.
- One Star Bunnie is hidden in a snow in the upper area of the planet, which requires to use the curser.
- After finding a Star Bunnie, try to chase them down to one of the holes at the tips. Not only will you not have to worry about getting slowed down, but you can catch the bunnies much more easier, as you are in a small space without any snow.