Pyribbit is a boss fight of Kirby: Triple Deluxe. He's the main boss of world five, and is overall the fifth boss of the game. Although not an awful boss, many fans considered him as one of the more tedious bosses in the game.
Why He Sucks
- Pyribbit's design is outright laughtable, it's just a giant frog. And considering that the previous boss is a giant robotic snake, that is no excuse.
- It's also a rip-off of Fatty Puffer, from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- The most infamous part about Pyribbit is in his battle-style: in Kirby Triple Deluxe, bosses have the ability to go into the background and use attacks. However, with Pyribbit, almost 75% of the battle is him going into the background and using his attacks.
- Granted, previous bosses does go into the background as well, but at least they did it occasionally, and only when half of their HP is low. Pyribbit instead, can go into the background as much as he wants.
- Even if Pyribbit gets on the platform you're standing on, it will only be for about four seconds, before he hops over back to the background.
- Most of Pyribbit's attacks are easy to avoid, including the DX version of this fight. Just remember folks, this is the boss from the fifth area, which is the penultimate level of the game.
- The only time that Pyribbit will attack on the platform you're standing on, is when he does his flamethower attack.
- Some of Pyribbit's attacks (such as his Magma Balls) can set the ground on fire, making it harder to hit him.
- Things only get worst in the second phase, in which Pyribbit will go to the background and summon lava pillars at you. While the attack (as stated in number 4) is easy to avoid, Pyribbit will spam this attack as much as he wants, and the attack itself goes on for about 15 seconds, wasting even more time for the Player(s).
- Due to how Pyribbit will spend most of the time in the background, he can somewhat ruin your speed runs in both the Arena and the True Arena when replaying ether missions to get a better score.
- Pyribbit's DX version is slightly worst, as the magma balls with set the ground on fire even after being destroyed.
- To add insult to injury, despite the negative reception given to Pyribbit by fans, in both the Kirby: Planet Robobot sub-game, Team Kirby Clash and the full downloadable game, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, Pyribbit is one of the bosses for those games. And remember, these games have a time limit, as well as a point system based on how much time was left after the battle. Of all the fire-themed Bosses that are present on any kirby game, WHY PYRIBBIT?!?!
- Pyribbit has a good variation of attacks.
- The arena and background are pretty cool.
- Pyribbit's cut-scene when is defeated is satisfying.
- Find the Hammer Ability, it can do high damage on Pyribbit.
- When battling Pyribbit in the main story mode, destroy the Magma Balls as soon as they are about to hit the ground, it will prevent them from setting the ground on fire.
- You can damage Pyribbit when he is in the background, and thats when he lashes his tongue out at you.