Mad Space is the twelfth stage in the Dark Story of Sonic Adventure 2. It is the final treasure hunting stage to Rouge and similar to Knuckles' stage, Meteor Herd, of the two levels, Mad Space is considered the most infamous part of the game by fans.
Why it Sucks
- The stage is known for being extremely large and confusing, making it very easy to get lost.
- It is very difficult to get an A rank on this stage for collecting emeralds except for Hard mode.
- The hint televisions are reversed for no reason.
- You need to find the digging boots as the Master Emerald pieces are underground.
- Each asteroid has its own gravity, and Rouge can suddenly attach to one while gliding, completely throwing her off.
- Theres this moon that can catch you in its gravity, the only way to escape it is by finding a rocket, but due to how confusion the lay out is, players won't know that unless they looked it up.
- The terrible camera makes navigating through the asteroids even more disorienting.
- Bland atmosphere, it is nothing but space, rocks, asteroids, meteors and planets.
- Nice music.
- Hard mode places the emerald pieces in 3 specific locations that don't change so that you can merely memorize where they are for an easy A rank.
- If you're having difficulties finding a Master Emerald piece, try losing a life. Losing lives not only lets you keep the pieces you've already found, it also puts the remaining ones on different locations. Tho also try to avoid game over.