Jasper Batt Jr is the main villain and boss fight of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. he's the main boss of the final level, the fifthteenth and final boss of the game, and for over eight years, the final boss of the entire No More Heroes series.
After Jasper's debut, he became one of the most hated bosses in videogame history.
Why He sucks
- Much like the case with Lucien and other nasty bosses, Jasper is an hateful character, and for the following reasons.
- He sended his minions to kill Travis's best friend at the beginning of the game.
- He tries to both trick Travis (by making him think that he killed his brother), his girlfreind and Shunobu
- The first phase of Jasper is so easy, that you can beat him without taking damage once, with no problem at all.
- However, to continue the fight, there is a point in which you must lose a Quick time event against him. The problem is, you wouldn't know that first time playing it unless you looked it up.
- The second phase goes from pathetic to an absolute nightmare. Jasper has attacks that are extremely hard to dodge, specifically a triple teleport punch.
- He also has others like a grab, and a swarm of laser bats.
- Worst yet, after losing a certain amount of life, he will start throwing air waves, everytime he uses his teleport punch attack, making it even harder to dodge.
- Jasper's second form also rips-off Batman.
- If you are near a window, and Jasper happens to hits you, there is a good chance that he will instant kill you by knocking you and breaking the glass, making you fall from the building
- The third phase, while not as hellish as the previous one, is very annoying due to the position of the camera, and Jasper's attacks being extremely powerful, with a long range as well.
- Jasper has an annoying voice, and he never... shuts... up!
- Jasper's defeated cut-scene is beyond unsatisfying: as he explodes in his parade balloon form, he grins!!!
- There is a theory that says that Suda51 made this boss awful on purpose to tell the message that revenge is never satisfying. However if that is the case, that doesn't justify ruining the game's final boss.
- Even worse, when you consider that Travis establishes having more of a reason to face jasper other than just revenge, after beating Alice. He wants to shut down the UAA and stop the needless killing and violence.
- Extremely poor follow-up. for one thing, the previous boss was Alice, who is an incredible memorable character with a great personality and an interesting backstory... Then we have Jasper, who is nothing more than a whiny brat, with an extremely annoying personality.
- This was, for nearly eight years the final battle of the No More Heroes series.
- Each one of Jasper's theme songs are amazing.
- Jasper has a good variety of attacks.
- The way Travis destroys Jasper in his last form, is somewhat funny.
- The third entry in the No More Heroes series, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Back, was made, so Jasper is thankfuly not the final boss in the No More Heroes series.