Igniz is the main antagonist and final boss of KOF 2001, much like many other KOF's final bosses in the franchise, he is well known as one of the biggest exponents of the cheap boss A.I in SNK games.
He also appears in KOF 2002 UM as a possible final boss.
Why He Sucks
- Igniz doesn't have a super meter unlike the other playable characters, which means he has infinite super.
- Much like many other final bosses in fighting games, Igniz can do crazy amounts of damage.
- Igniz's super moves can absolutely destroy you, the first is a cuadruple blast attack, his second an attacks when he sends fire pillars (his is the attack he uses the most) and the third and deadlier is his rush attack that deals from 80% of damage to simply being an instant kill (this depends on how many characters you have as fighters and how many as strikers, the more strikers you have the more you will last).
- Igniz has a projectile reflector, meaning that if Players desisted to cheap him by spamming their projectiles, Igniz will simply reflect them.
- The special moves that uses Igniz's whips deal enormous amounts of damage, and worst yet he can infinite you with one of them (it doesn't last long since you character will fall in a matter of seconds).
- Like other fighting game bosses, playing as Igniz is pure broken fun.
- The unlimited supers were removed in KOF 2002 UM.
- Igniz can be unlocked in KOF 2002 UM, and he is one of the most useful characters (alongside Krizalid) if you want to unlock Rugal quickly.