The Ice King is a large Knight and is a boss fight from The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, he is the main boss of Dante's Freezer, the second main world of the game, the first boss fight of the game and is overall, the very first boss fight in the entire The Legend of Spyro trilogy, this boss is infamous for its high difficulty spike.
Why It Sucks
- The Ice King is a massive difficulty spike as your attacks won't do that much damage due to how early you are in the game.
- The Ice King's attacks can do crazy amounts of damage, most notticibly the Ice King's ability to slam his fist into the ground at Spyro.
- Most of the Ice King's attacks are hard to avoid, as his sword slashes can reach very far.
- Around the arena is a bottomless pit, so if you fall off, its game over.
- Due to how Spyro has knock back, the Ice King can some times knock you off the arena.
- The entire floor is made of ice, and as such, you will be slipping and sliding all over the area.
- The Ice King will sometimes summon an Ice Shield around him, preventing you from using melee attacks, forceing you to use breath attacks.
- The Ice King has an Ice Breath ability that not only can damage you, but can also freeze you in place, allowing the Ice King to get free hits.
- The Ice King has a crap tone of health, having three bars of health.
- To add insult to injury, despite the Ice King's brutal difficulty, it is the first boss fight of the game.
- The Ice King's has a really cool looking design.
- Epic music.
- If you depleted that health bar and get a game over, you restart from that phase.
- This boss fight can be nice to you, as sometimes the Ice King will rain down icicles at you, destroying them will grant you health and stamina.
- It is recommended to upgrade ether breaths, as not only can they reach far, but it can also do decent damage.
- If you use the lock on ability by holding down R2, you won't slip, tho thats will be nurfed if you let go as it is for Breath attacks.
- Keep your dictance from the Ice King.
- During the first phase of the battle, wait until the Ice King does an over head sword slam, as he will get stuck, and if you hit him, nit only will will the Ice King lose a chunk of health, but he will also fall over, allowing you to get some free hits.