The Hammer Bros are a race of enemies found in most of the well known Super Mario Brothers series, they are Koopas with hammers for an attack, these enemies are infamous for being one of the most annoying enemies in the series.
Why They Suck
Note: This page will only talk about the 2D Mario games (such as the original Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and the New Super Mario Bros series) as they aren't that bad in 3D Mario games.
- Unlike most enemies in the series, the Hammer Bros have a projectile-type attack that is their only means of attack, it involves throwing their hammers at you.
- The hammers themselves are very hard to avoid as they travel in an arc.
- If you though encountering them is bad enough trying to fight them is even worst as not only will they be jumping around, but they will throw their hammers non-stop, leaving you very little room to maneuver.
- True to their namesake, the Hammer Bros are often seen in pairs, meaning that will will fight not one, but two Hammer Bros at the same time!
- Sometimes, the Hammer Bro won't just jump around and throw hammers, but they can also attack you directly by walking at you all the while throwing their hammers.
- The Hammer Bros are often placed in cheap locations.
- The appearances of the Hammer Bros is actually quite cool.
- The Hammer Bros aren't that bad in 3D games.
- While very annoying, they are one of the most well known Mario enemies in the series.