Gnasty Gnorc is the main antagonist and boss fight of the very first Spyro game, Spyro the Dragon and its remake in the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. He's is the main boss of Gnasty Gnorc's Lair, and is the sixth and final boss of the game.
Although not terrible, many fans considered Gnasty Gnorc as the weakest final boss in the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy for the PlayStation.
Why He Sucks
- In order for you to even face Gnasty Gnorc himself, you must first chase down two thieves to obtain keys, and then you can unlocked the door that leads to Gnasty. It is both tedious and boring.
- Much like most of the bosses in Spyro the Dragon, the boss fight against Gnasty Gnorc's barely counts as a boss. All you do is just chase Gnasty, hit him once, then chase after him again to finish him off with another fire breath.
- Gnasty Gnorc only has two attacks, slamming his mace-like staff into the ground, and firing light green colored energy balls from his staff. Both of which are easy to dodge.
- Trying to get all of the gems when going for 100% completion can be a bit of a pain as if you miss the gem, you will have to do another loop around the arena to colect that gem.
- Very tricky platforming section during the second half of the fight, as the platforms will shrink down during the battle.
- No Dragon Save points in this entire stage, so if you mess up and lose a life, you have to start the entire level all over again. Not that you would die given the difficulty?
- Gnasty Gnorc is defeated in two hits, making him the weakest of all the bosses in the game. Heck, even Toasty, the first boss fight of the game, took more hits than that, and even puts up a better fight!
- Nice music.
- Gnasty Gnorc's has a really cool design.
- The layout of the arena is interesting.
- Funny dialouge after the battle.
- If you collected the gems, you keep that gem even if you lose a life, so you won't be doing any serious back tracking.
- Its remake in the Spyro Reignited Triogy made him to be more challenging, as in addition to fire his energy balls more frequently than before, there is also a skill point that requires the Player to defeat him without taking damage.