Demyx is one of the major antagonists and boss fights fought in Kingdom Hearts II. He attacks Sora and his allies in the Underworld, as well as in Hollow Bastion during the Battle of the 1000 Heartless. He can be fought again in a data rematch in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
Why He Sucks
- In the beginning of the fight, he will summon water clones at you, and you must defeat them all, this wouldn't be the problem if it wasn't for the fact that if you don't defeat them all, its game over.
- Question: why is it game over if you don't defeat all of the water clones???????? (Actually, the game gives some explanations by saying that Demyx is not a warrior, implying that he ran away)
- The somewhat strict time limited - mostly the real problem with this battle -Jumps all over the place. Either you'll have plenty of time, or you'll have a sadistically low amount of 10 seconds.
- Demyx only attacks by using water clones, which can range from a decently small amount to a unbelievably high amount.
- When he DOES attack, he sends out weak yet rapid combos that can nearly defeat you.
- A lot of fast yet hard to predict attacks.
- After (somehow) defeating him, you're thrown into The Battle of 1,000 Heartless without a chance to save or heal yourself. Failure to complete that will force you to battle Demyx AGAIN!
- His Data Battle in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix is even worse. You can't use the water clones' Reaction Command unless they are almost dead, they have a crapton of health (you'll barely manage to kill one by attacking only with the Keyblade), and you can't strike the final blow unless you first defeat 99 water clones.
- Great music like most of the Organization XIII battles (Except for Xemnas).
- Demyx, not counting his boss battle, isn't a terrible character, and is popular in the fanbase.
- If you're able to get his pattern down and grind enough, the battle can be passable.
- While FAR from perfect, the idea of the boss battle is interesting.
- Spam Firaga while using the Wisdom, Master or Final Forms to instantly kill the water clones.
- Bring many Ethers to this battle, since you'll use a lot of magic. It is also wise to map the Ethers to a shortcut to waste as less time as possible.
- Before entering this battle, change your current Keyblade and then revert to the one you have previously to reduce the chance of the Anti-Form appearing in battle. If you turn into Anti-Sora, you'd better let yourself die and try again.