The Darker Side Of The Moon is the final Secret Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey. It is considered to be one of the hardest levels of the entire franchise which is almost worse than Corona Mountain. Although Super Mario Odyssey has an assist mode that has double health and regeneration, this level will only focus on the atrocious aspects that are noted when playing this game on normal mode.
Why it Sucks
- No Checkpoints throughout the ENTIRE level, so assist mode is recommended.
- Too many instances of trial and error that will get you killed constantly and send you back to the start.
- Barely any health pickups, despite being hidden about throughout the level.
- Cheap enemy placements.
- The level is very long and frustratingly hard.
- Your reward for all of this is a invisible cap, which, as told, it makes you invisible. Why give out a mere cosmetic that only makes you invisible after completing a sadistically long level?!
- There is a glitch that allows you to skip the entire level, and another which lets you skip the second half of the level.
- The level is surprisingly generous at the beginning. defeating the mid boss (A flying UFO hat?) nets you a big heart, which grants you six hit-points. The same goes with the Sphinx halfway through the first part.
- Nice music that varies throughout the level.