Corona Mountain is a level in Super Mario Sunshine, this level is acses after Mario has played all of the Shadow Mario missions in all seven of the main areas, it is the eighth and final level of the game. It is considered to be one of the hardest levels of the entire Mario franchise, but this is due to all the wrong reasons.
Why It Sucks
- The first section is full of annoying instant kills, not only from the lava, but also platforms from which spikes and/or fire come out. If they touch you, you die inmediately.
- The entire area is filled to the brim with lava, and in Super Mario Sunshine, they will take you out in just one hit if you make contact with it.
- The second section is the worst part of the entire level since you must traverse a lava river on a mud boat. To move the boat Mario must use FLUDD's water cannon to push it. However this process is a frustrating nightmare, since it's really hard to control the boat and you must be very careful because if the boat crashes with anything, it will immediately sink, causing Mario to fall into the lava and lose a life instantly.
- On the same topic as above, when going for 100%, trying to get all of the Blue Coins in this level is a nightmare, since all but one of them require use of the boat.
- No check points in this entire level, so if you mess up, even at the final segment, you are booted back all the way at the beginning of the level.
- After all that tedious process, you face the final bosses: Bowser & Bowser Jr. The fight is pathetically easy, since Mario only needs to do a ground pound in the platforms in the corners. However the game many times glitches, causing Mario to fall through the small cracks of the platforms.
- Nice atmospheric music.
- Throughout the level there are 1-UP Mushrooms, so the level can be nice to you.