Bowser & Bowser Jr are the main antagonists and final bosses of Super Mario Sunshine. They are widely known for their outright laughable battle and easy difficulty.
Why They Suck
- The arena is a freaking hot tub! Now granted this is a referince to how both Bowser, Bowser Jr. and "Mama Peach" are on vacation like Mario and companie, but this is still quite silly
- This boss battle as a whole is both bland and boring, all you do is just ground-pound each of the five targets on the hot tub while avoiding both Bower's and Bowser Jr's attacks.
- Due to how glitchy this game can get, there are times where you can slip right though the cracks after ground pounding them.
- Their only attacks are for Bowser to breath fire from ether the left or right side of the arena and occasionally butt bounceing the hot tub and cause green slime to fly out and harm you and for Bowser Jr., all he does is fire Bullet Bills at you from his boat. These attacks can be avoided by simply moving in the opposite direction.
- The attacks that Bowser and Bowser Jr. thow at you are a bit underwhelming, considering that preveious bosses (such as Glooper Blooper and Mecha Bowser) had creative ways of attacking, this is no excsues.
- This overall boss battle feels more like an obsicale course then a final battle.
- The music is good, but it is very hard to hear under the bosses' attacks.
- Nice music, despite point #5.
- The final cut-scene after the battle is pretty heartwarming.